22nd Annual National Dominican High Schools Preaching Conference
The 22nd Annual Preaching in Action Conference will be held from June 26-July 1.
The conference empowers students to discover and deepen the preacher within through prayer, study, community, and the Dominican Family.
Each June students are immersed in the Dominican tradition of preaching. Through presentation, dynamic workshops, peer-to-peer sharing, etc. they learn that they too are preachers in their own unique ways.
At the end of the conference, students are challenged with the creation of an action plan for the upcoming school year. This plan is the vehicle for sharing what they have learned at the conference to their college campuses. With the Dominican Charism firmly planted in mind, body, and spirit – the “Holy Preaching” continues!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend the Preaching Conference?
We welcome and encourage students from both Dominican and non-Dominican high schools across the US to learn more and participate!
What is the cost?
The registration fee covers local transportation to and from the conference, meals, lodging, t-shirt, and all conference materials.
If flying, $250 if registered by May 1; $275 if registering after May 1.
If driving, $350 if registered by May 1; $375 if registering after May 1.
What is the Conference About?
Goals of the Conference
- The participants will explore the significance and meaning of the Word in their lives.
- The participants will be introduced to the foundations and characteristics of Dominican preaching.
- The participants will be actively engaged in prayer and preaching events that will model creative ways to make preaching a living dynamic in their daily lives.
- By recognizing how they preach in their own daily lives, the participants will then empower others to preach.
What Happens at the Conference?
The conference will begin on Tuesday, June 25, 2019.
Registration will be from 2 to 5 p.m. followed by dinner, an introduction of schools, and opening ritual.
Each morning will begin with prayer and preaching. Each day will close with shared reflection and prayer. Our commissioning Eucharist will be celebrated on Sunday, June 30.
- Wednesday, June 26: “Preaching in the Dominican Tradition”
- Thursday, June 27: “Preaching the Signs of Our Times”
- Friday, June 28: “Dominican Preaching In Action”
- Saturday, June 29: “Preaching Through the Creative Arts”
- Sunday, June 30: “Our Call to Preach the Good News”
The conference will conclude after lunch (1 p.m.) on Sunday, June 30th.