DYA Helps Stamp Out Hunger: A MONTH-LONG national service project
You’re invited to MAKE A DIFFERENCE in YOUR community!
This way, we have an impact on MANY communities across the nation!
During the month of February, all DYA groups are teaming up with their local charities, food banks, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, and others to tackle HUNGER in their own towns and neighborhoods.
How to get your DYA chapter involved:
- Your Campus Ministry will have the resources you need to get your group started on identifying local organizations that are already tackling the issue of “hunger” in your area. Alternatively, contact your local food bank, church, homeless shelter, soup kitchen or other charity that’s already tackling this issue in your own town/ neighborhood. Start by searching using any of these sites:
- Call, appear in person or email these charities to discuss volunteering and involvement.
- Set a date in February with the charity for your chapter to help out through volunteerism or fundraising.
We encourage you to partner with other groups or people who would be interested in helping out on your campus or in your area, and to market the event through flyers on your campus or in your area.
Once your group’s service is completed, each chairperson is asked to write up something about the service project and send it to Sister Gina (email@example.com). The paragraph should include:
- Name of the organization your DYA group worked with
- Purpose of the organization
- Date(s) service was done
- How the DYA group partnered with them
PHOTOS ENCOURAGED … (even though some of the groups will not have direct contact with people being served by the organization, perhaps pictures of the actual doing of the service and the final product of the service!! Be creative!)
This is an opportunity to “preach in action” and we hope your DYA chapter will take action and get involved!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.